The Weldon F. Osborne Foundation, Inc. was established in 1959 to aid religious and benevolent charities.
The beginning of the Weldon F. Osborne Foundation, Inc. dates back to June 15, 1959. The original members of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees were Mr. Osborne, his wife, Eleanor W. Osborne; Carl A. Swafford; Charles D. Uptain and Charles W. Schenck.
The Weldon F. Osborne Foundation, Inc. was established to aid religious and benevolent charities. Mr. Osborne was a real estate developer and builder who built homes, shopping centers, restaurants, motels, and office buildings, primarily in Brainerd, East Ridge, Lookout Mtn. and other areas in the Greater Chattanooga area.
With the formation of the Foundation, the companies’ charitable donations were made to the Foundation. The Trustees accepted the responsibility to make grants, in accordance with the charter, to various religious and charitable organization.
Weldon passed away on March 13, 1972 and Eleanor on July 11, 1996. The Weldon F. Osborne Foundation, Inc. was the primary beneficiary under the wills of both Mr. and Mrs. Osborne.